Sunday, November 29, 2009

Mumbai..City of Dreams!

I opted for this city when job allocation preference was asked because I was already in love with this city. I learnt the meaning of love at first sight from this city. The local trains, the sweaty commuters, sea beaches, night lights, cool breeze on the beach all makes me feel so good. My friend use to describe this city and I use to imagine myself in different places in this city. Now I am here, in this city, the city of dreams. Many people come here everyday with their eyes filled with dreams, the dreams of their future. Some come for money, some for power,some for fame but for maximum number of people the reason to come to this city is to survive, to make their own identity, not in the eyes of the world but in their own eyes.

For me some reasons were quite similar to the most common ones, but one important reason was that my best friend was here. We had made so many plans to explore the city together. But just like any other dream, when you open your eyes the dream is lost somewhere and you have to face the big bad world. With this city too the case is just the same. This city is a mirage, you will never be able to catch hold of the things that you see and keep running after.

I also had similar experience.What all I had planned to do in Mumbai, could never do, as circumstances never allowed, as neither those people remained n the city hence neither my mood to explore.

I met some of the most wonderful people in this city, made few really good friends. But as good times does not last for long, somehow lost touch with them. I miss everyone alot. When I think about them it hurts that why people have to move away and why I stand in this city alone and lost. Today also was feeling very sad and bad while remembering my friends so just thought of penning down everything. But as soon as I started writing a beautiful thought came into my mind..."Don't be sad because its over, be happy because it happened" :) and that brought a smile on my face.

I had read somewhere that everyone comes in to your life either for a reason,season or lifetime.
But today I would like to say that my friends came in to my life for a reason - i.e. to add smiles and experiences to my life, stayed with me though for a season but left their mark which will stay in my heart for my lifetime. :)

Thanks to all whoever I have ever met in my walk of life. Thanks for walking with me even for a mile, as you made my journey worthwhile. :)

Love you all!
Cheers to life!

2 comments:

Avatar said...

Heart Touching re.... A very beautiful blog. When I was reading it reminds me my old friend who were left in the journey of life some are with me and some move ahead. But today i want them back, want to call them and talk to them.... Thanks for reminding me those beautiful days :)
Cheers to Life!!!

Aadi said...

"Don't be sad because its over, be happy because it happened"
wonderful lines..tune khud likhi hain? what can we say about dreams? some dreams are just dreams i guess...