Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Still Waiting..

It feels like just yesterday when you left me and went away,
It was my promise that no matter what, I will stay.
Its been so long that you are gone,
The only option left for me was to move on.

Don't know why I have not cried,
It was so shocking, that my tears had dried.
It was your call to let everything go by,
It was you who wanted that I should not even cry.

Though time has passed and things have changed,
All the mess that happened,looks now is arranged.
I smile more often and talk even more,
I have a spark in my eyes and I don't look sore.

But if you look back you can see me standing there where you had left,
"I'll stay", was my promise that I have kept.

For me at that very moment life had paused,
I could still feel all that what your presence had caused,
When I think about your smile, my heart still skips a beat,
Even in the cold your thought makes me feel the heat.

You filled my life with all the twists and turns,
But my heart still wait for you to return,
Please come back and hold me tight,
Just tell me once that everything's all right.

7 comments:

Aadi said...

A really wonderful poem...tum kya khati ho jis din aisi poems likhti ho? :)
aise hi poems likhti raho phir ek din poems ki ek book print karwa lena aur usmein likhna maine ye idea suggest kiya tha :P

Ajay Pratap Singh said...

How easily and beautifully u let your soul come out and speak………each single word is a gem and perfectly placed

C'est Formidable - D Funny Guy said...

Hey Angel...You know that your are master of words...No wonder I have mentioned this in my testimonial as well...U know the specialty about u is tht u knw d importance of words...u use them at the places they are meant for..u just make ur readers feel the essence of inner self...atleast this poem reminds me of my past broken relationships...U r just perfect sweetheart...Keep d gud wrk going....Luv u sis...

rajat nagpal said...

really palpable!!!
its just like a celine dion song's lyrics....the more u read it ...the more it makes u mellow!!! good stuff :)

Avatar said...

Simply adorable poem....extreamly touchy re!!!

Keep it up yar!!

Unknown said...

no one can explain how u feel when u miss uor most imp part of uor life nd still u hv to keep smiling coz tht is his last wish

Jayashree said...

Thanks to all for your appreciation :)